Friday, September 28, 2012

Happy Yuletide!

I curled my legs and put my chin on my knees as the Christmas breeze blew. No, it's not yet December and probably not yet Christmas but for us, Filipinos, September is the start of our long celebration of Yuletide Season.
Gian Mariel Bala
A picture taken during our batch first ever reunion.
Gian Mariel Bala



To write this, I have to find an inspiration which I am seeing right now. Across our house is a house decorated with Christmas lights and lanterns (we don't have christmas lights, lanterns, christmas tree and snow -- something we can't really have since the last time I checked, Philippines is still located near the equator giving it a tropical climate).


Aside from my birthday and New Year, Christmas is one of my most favorite occasions 'cause it leaves me with good and bad memories. Times when I have to repeatedly use the bathroom to ease my troubled stomach. Times when I have to stop indulging myself with delicious treats 'cause my tooth or teeth is/are already aching. But what I really miss are the people who I spent Christmas with. My cousins, my titos and titas, my lolo and lolas, my friends and my mom. Foods, gifts and their presence are the things that I'm looking forward to. This December, I will try to find time to be reunited again with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment